Monday, April 13, 2009

Nature's Kittens




When I was a little girl, I remember walking along a neighborhood roadway, looking with anticipation for the first pussy willows. It was always so exciting to find them, tiny little puffs, soft and fuzzy to the touch. I loved stroking the the little pods. They reminded me of baby kittens or bunnies all lined up along a branch. And like seeing the robins return, we knew when the pussy willows popped, spring had finally arrived.

I still get excited when I see pussy willows. What a pleasant surprise it was, when my husband came in last Friday with a handful of them, and presented them to me like a floral bouquet. I placed them in a clay pitcher, to display them with honor, as I remembered the excitement of finding them as a child.

Spring flowers are pleasant this time of year....with the celebration of Easter, and the anticipation that winter is finally retreating. But, I can't think of any arrangement that would look better to me, then the gift of pussy willows shared by my husband.

Wishing everyone a happy and joyous Easter.


"Nature's Kittens"
7 x 5 Original Oil on Canvas
$80.00 

To purchase this painting, please contact the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment